Monday, June 6, 2011

Stickers...Simply Essential to the Morning!

Today I came back to work after a week break*...a week break that I spent sniffling, coughing,  taking medicine and sitting at the computer with a box of Kleenex beside me.  A stay at home sick break.  It always takes me a few days to get back into the swing of things after a break; so I knew today would  be no different.  I figured it may be a bit more jarring than usual, given the fact that I spent most of last week laying on the couch or sitting at the computer!

aaannndd...I was correct! 

Here was my first big mistake:  You see, I couldn't find the stickers...the stickers we use every morning at calendar time.  Those same stickers we put on each child's right hand before we sing the "Hello Song".  The VERY same stickers that help us distinguish our right hand from our left.  The PRECISE stickers that help us remember to shake our friend's hand with our right hand.  The incredibly STICKY stickers that often immediately get removed and stuck on the carpet!  Never mind that they often end up on the carpet...apparently, we are simply not allowed to sing the "hello song" without firmly securing one round sticker to the back of our right hand!

I reached behind me for my basket of supplies...I found a few extra carpet squares, I found a few rubber duckies, I found a Lego.  No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find the stickers.   Great...  We can be flexible today!  I tried to keep my voice upbeat!  Sure we could be flexible!  It's a great skill to practice!  Why not practice it today?!

As I turned on the music and said "It's OK, we will still sing our hello song" I realized I may have been wrong.  Flexible was definitely NOT the word of the day in my room today!  I was met with hands covering a face and tears streaming down from one child and a flop to the floor and a swift kick to my leg from the child nearest me.  Great way to start my morning.

Good thing we found the stickers soon after this disaster!  Tomorrow will be better!  It has to be better; we will be starting it with STICKERS! 

(*Because of our "year-round" schedule, we often have small scheduled breaks throughout the year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts