Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just Giving my Brain a Break!

I think my brain just needed a break!  Maybe that's why I have avoided blogging for awhile!  I had my fill of dealing with challenging situations this week...not children by the way!  I think I just needed to focus on one thing at a time. 

So, mid-way through the week I had an odd dream that I was climbing a million stairs to get away from some horrible impending doom!  I've had this dream before; but I have never actually made it to safety!  I always end up with some horrible thing happening (of course, I'm never sure exactly what happens!).  Then I wake up.  When I go back to sleep, I re-enter the dream only to start all over again! 

This time, however, I did make it to a small (apparently safe) room at the top of the stairs!  I was with thousands of other people on the stairs.  Only a handful of us were safe at the top.

Here's my own analysis of my dream :)...

Good news:  I must feel confident enough in myself that I feel I can overcome whatever horrible thing is happening. 
Bad news- apparently, I'm pretty sure everyone else will perish!!!  Hmmm...I think this fact was more disturbing to me than if I didn't actually make it!  (Don't read too much into this, I think I was just a bit too stressed!)

OK, in reality, things weren't really that bad this week!  I think I really was just thinking about too many things!  I think I wore my poor brain out!  I needed to rest up those brain cells!  Ahhh...a much needed brain break!  

3 comments:

  1. Haha - I want to be in the little room at the top! Take a long as you need - we will still be here when you can post! Don't push yourself so hard and keep blogging something you enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    It sounds like you've been a bit overworked, with a definite need to destress.
    Good for you for doing this for yourself.
    I'm wondering if you are getting some good sunny, spring weather, and have been able to get outside for some R&R?

    You have to come first!
    Hope you have a great break, and I know I'll be dropping in now and then!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deborah and Brenda! I think this must have been my brain's not so subtle way of telling me to slow down! hmmm maybe to take one step at a time :) Anyway, I'm feeling much more energized and have missed seeing what everyone is doing in their classrooms and homes!

    ReplyDelete

Grab the "How Long is this Hall" Button!

HowLongisthishall?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts